Go to the Ancestry home page. DO NOT click on the Free Trial button.
Scroll down and click on this button.
On the next page click ‘Sign up today for free’.
Fill out the form to create an account and press continue.
On the Welcome page DO NOT click Start a Free Trial!
Instead, at the top of the page click Trees.
Select ‘Start a New Tree’ if you are planning to build the tree from scratch.
Click ‘Upload a GEDCOM’ if you already have a gedcom data file.
On the next page you can choose the gedcom file to upload.
That’s all, you’re up and running! As a Registered Guest you can access to the free features of Ancestry, including…
- Search Ancestry’s free databases
- Access articles in the Support Center
- Create, edit, and delete family trees
- View educational videos in Ancestry Academy
- Share trees with friends and family
- View family trees to which you’re invited
- Activate a DNA test
- View any DNA results that have been shared with you
- Initiate messages to your DNA matches
- Respond to messages from other members
- Post to Ancestry Message Boards
- Read tips from our experts on the Ancestry Blog
- View your AncestryDNA® ethnicity estimate and matches (if you have a DNA test on your account)